Generali Global Assistance is seeking a positive, customer-focused person to join us as our Office Assistant. The Office Assistant is the first person to greet our customers and visitors, both on the phone and in-person from the lobby of our conveniently located offices in Bethesda, Md.
This role requires a dependable person who is available to work full-time, Monday through Friday from 8:30AM - 5 PM and who enjoys helping people whether they be visitors to our office, fellow employees, or customers on the phone.
Typical duties include:
- Answering calls to our main number in a professional manner and directing callers to the appropriate department or individual for their needs
- When required, taking detailed messages from callers and emailing them to their intended recipient
- Managing the front desk of the office and maintaining a the lobby/entrance area so it always looks great
- Placing accurate catering orders in advance of client meetings and ensuring that they arrive and are ‘staged’ near our conference rooms
- Arranging office access card for visitors and employees; making sure that temporary badges are returned promptly, activated, and deactivated
- Maintaining visitor login and visitor Wi-Fi access
- Posting news items to the company intranet site and to the lobby monitor
- Assisting with Conference Room scheduling when conflicts occur
- High school graduate
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a professional office environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Unflagging attention to detail
- Confident, ‘front office’ demeanor – you are a problem solver at heart and people come to you for help because you make it look easy
- Professional appearance
- Comfortable with office technologies and tools – Word, Excel, Outlook, computers, etc.
- Unintimidated by new office technologies – confident in ability to learn new things
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters
- Punctuality and reliability
We offer a competitive hourly rate and full benefits including PTO.
Generali Global Assistance takes care of consumers, corporate customers and their employees when the unexpected happens, anywhere in the world, providing immediate support and assistance to individuals in times of emergency and distress. Leveraging its worldwide network of 35 always-open multilingual assistance centers and 425,000 partners in 208 countries and territories, GGA USA services more than half of the Fortune 100, including insurance companies, financial institutions, corporations and government organizations, providing personalized medical travel assistance, identity theft resolution and beneficiary assistance services.