Trip Mate is now seeking a DYNAMIC Accounting Manager!
Trip Mate seeks qualified individuals who are committed to providing excellent service for our team of insurance professionals. If you share in our vision to provide the best service possible, it is our goal to provide you with a satisfying career experience and a positive and pleasant work environment. Trip Mate offers our team members an industry leading salary and benefits package.
This position will supervise, monitor and evaluate all day-to-day accounting activities. Establish financial status of Trip Mate by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting financial information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department.
- Assist staff members with their questions and monitor staff production to make sure all deadlines are met.
- Perform super-user changes, perform bank account transfers, and process bank account ACH transactions.
- Perform all aspects of the closing process for our underwriters including reconciling the premium amount paid, verifying the deposits in the bank account, balancing the bank account checkbook, disbursing the premium to the appropriate parties on a monthly basis and sending the corresponding reports.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements on a monthly and yearly basis.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles. Meet financial accounting objectives.
- Coordinate and participate in annual underwriter audits.
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions.
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Delegate job duties and responsibilities to ensure segregation of duties.
- Double check all retail, group, and wholesale premium closings.
- Verify all bank account reconciliations to accuracy.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective action as needed.
- Provide recommendations to the appropriate person.
- Assist the Underwriting Department with loss and premium information.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management
- 3 – 4 years increasing responsibility in an Accounting/Finance function plus management of staff for 2 – 4 years
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to direct and supervise a staff of up to 10
- Good organization skills
- Flexibility and open to changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Experience in an office or insurance setting is helpful
High School Diploma or Equivalent
This position has up to eight direct reports and two indirect reports
- Accounting Supervisor
- Staff Accountants
Trip Mate, Inc
"Your Partner in Travel"
Trip Mate is an EEO employer offering a full benefits package including: competitive Compensation program, Paid time-off, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, 401(k), Voluntary Group Legal, and a host of other benefits and discounts.