Trip Mate is now seeking a DYNAMIC Sr. Systems Engineer / IT Manager!
Trip Mate seeks qualified individuals who are committed to providing excellent service for our team of insurance professionals. If you share in our vision to provide the best service possible, it is our goal to provide you with a satisfying career experience and a positive and pleasant work environment. Trip Mate offers our team members an industry leading salary and benefits package.
This role will be a hands on and will require the candidate to work with internal staff and external contractors to re build the IT infrastructure for the organization with a cloud first approach. This role will also be responsible for building the IT infrastructure team within the organization.
Will require to plan, organize, and manage the IT infrastructure and staff and overall IT operations to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure and service desk. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, cloud infrastructure, Office 365 services data communications systems, and telecommunication systems. This role will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Strategy & Planning
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management.
- Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with the CIO and Infrastructure leadership.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts.
- Establish service level agreements with business units.
- Manage and maintain all systems including its availability to exceed all SLA requirement.
- Build and manage the IT Infrastructure team to perform required tasks to meet the business IT operations requirements.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations, and so on.
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Define hardware and software standards in conjunction with owners and stakeholders.
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
- Manage operational costs; conduct near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities.
- Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Direct and administrate a contingent of network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Plan and deploy workstation for all users via standalone desktop/laptop or Virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services.
- Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures.
Formal Education & Certification
- College degree in the field of computer science is preferred
- 8 years of experience in an IT Infrastructure role.
- Certifications in Microsoft, VMWare and Cisco.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure and Office 365.
- Experience with virtualization including virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Experience in Active directory, group policy, DFS, Active directory migration tool(ADMT), DHCP, DNS
- Experience with configuring Cisco switches including and not limited to the setup of vLans, Trunk Ports and Dual Mode for VoIP.
- Experience with configuring firewalls: setup of network segments, access controls, NAT, PAT and VPN’s
- Configure and setup windows deployment services for managing laptop and work station images.
- 4 years’ experience managing and delivering infrastructure design and operational excellence.
- 4 years managing a team of technical specialists.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting hardware.
- Knowledge of current protocols and standards, including virtualization and cloud technologies.
- A good understanding of IT Security.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel/project management skills.
- Able to clearly articulate the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language to business partners
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- On-call availability.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Trip Mate, Inc
"Your Partner in Travel"
Trip Mate is an EEO employer offering a full benefits package including: competitive Compensation program, Paid time-off, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, 401(k), Voluntary Group Legal, and a host of other benefits and discounts.